How to wash the shower cabin from limescale at home?
It is sometimes difficult to wash a shower cabin from limescale at home. Especially if the situation is running. But knowing some tricks and secrets of practical housewives, it is not difficult to achieve a radiant brilliance and long-lasting purity. Everything is within the power, and everything is possible.
How to delay the appearance of plaque
So installed such a brand new and beautiful shower. She shines with purity. But what will happen to her after a few washings? Soaps, limescale and yellow spots, dark strips of mold or mildew do not give aesthetics. Often, the appearance of these unpleasant manifestations can be avoided:
- Often ventilate the room and do not forget to periodically process with special means the joints and seams between the tiles - there will be no mold and fungus. It is also necessary to make a rule: wash the cabin after each visit to the shower. One has only to rinse the walls with hot and then cool water and be sure to wipe the surface dry with a towel or napkin.
If the water is hard, then it is best to drive away with a rubber scraper so that it does not linger on the walls for a long time.
- Once a week or two, carry out a small cleaning of the cab. To clean plumbing, wall pallets with special purchased products or self-prepared compositions of soda or vinegar, toothpaste, vodka or laundry soap.
Carrying out such simple manipulations, you can delay the appearance of plaque. But unfortunately, the reality is that water is too harsh and with various chemical impurities, it is not always possible to ventilate the room, and not everyone can handle the pedantic drying of surfaces after each shower. And therefore there is a need for general cleaning and cleaning of the hydrobox.
A shower cabin is a rather complicated structure, consisting of several parts: chrome handles and plumbing, plastic doors and glasses, a tray that can be made of acrylic, stone or metal, tiled. Unfortunately, there is no universal remedy that can clean everything. Every detail needs an individual approach.
Means and methods of cleaning
The very first elements to take the blow of the formed plaque are hydromassage nozzles and shower heads. You can clear them in several ways:
- Use a special, purchased product for cleaning chrome products.
- You can treat the surface with a warm solution of "Anti-scale" (or other means that fight scale in teapots).
- Apply warm vinegar to the surface, wait 10-15 minutes, and then clean it with a soft cloth. Clean clogged holes with an ordinary sewing needle or a toothpick. If the coating layer is large, then you can make a “lotion” with vinegar: wet a rag, put it on the plumbing, cover it with cling film or a plastic bag and “forget” about the watering can for a while (up to half an hour) so that the vinegar does its job, and then rinse everything with plenty of water.
- Instead of vinegar, you can use citric acid or lemon juice, oxalic acid is popular in this case, as well as an alcoholic (vodka) solution. In addition, toothpaste has good cleansing properties.
And you can simply wipe the surface with a melamine sponge. And then wipe it dry with a cloth.
Walls and door
The material of the walls and doors of the cab is usually plastic or glass. Cleaning glass doors is perhaps one of the simplest tasks in washing a cabin. Here you can use various compositions for washing glasses.
The main thing, Do not use abrasive compounds and hard washcloths, sponges. And it’s so easy to scratch the surface. For work, rags and napkins made of non-woven materials, old rags, flexible rubber scrapers are best suited.
For those who still prefer folk remedies, it is possible to prepare a vodka (alcohol) composition in a ratio of 1: 2 (1 tablespoon of vodka to two tablespoons of water) or dilute ammonia with water. Such simple mixtures perfectly remove dirt from the windows.
We must not forget to clean plastic surfaces, because they have the property of "accumulating" pollution and darken. It is best to clean plastic surfaces with products that do not contain formaldehydes, acetone, alkalis and solvents.
If the walls of the shower are tiled or just tiled, then you can clean them with soda or Pemolux, Comet. Particular attention should be paid to tile joints. This is a favorite place for the appearance of fungus and mold. It will be useful to treat them with fungicides.
Well, if there is already a black coating, then you can try to remove it with whiteness or other powerful composition, for example, a mixture of soda, hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.
The pallet can be made of various materials. The most "moody" in terms of cleaning is an acrylic representative. The first available tool can not be washed. It will quickly go bad. For him, there are special cleaning products (the same as for acrylic bathtubs).
But if you can’t get them, you can use the most ordinary toothpaste. It does not have abrasive properties, like soda, but it very effectively removes plaque. And the most ordinary laundry soap also copes well with the task.
The most unpretentious in cleaning are enameled and tiled pallets. They can be cleaned even with powdery means, without being afraid to "scratch". When processing a tiled surface, it is necessary to pay attention to the seams so that mold does not appear thereafter.
Unpretentious in terms of cleaning also pallets made of stone. Usually, dirt does not accumulate on them as intensely as on other surfaces. But when the need arises, they should be cleaned with means specially designed for this purpose. To return to its former brightness, stone is used to clean the toilet.
Most popular store cleaners
Choosing effective cleaning products for the shower is a very difficult task. But it is not easy in that there are a lot of various means on the market today. And your eyes just run wide when you need to choose one thing. But nonetheless There are time-tested and proven products on the positive side, such as:
- Dishwashing detergents - effectively remove traces of soapy residue. In addition to liquid formulations, in some cases "Comet", "Pemolux" and other powders are acceptable.
- The so-called fungicides are means for removing black plaque, mold.
- Tools for processing toilets - can help wash, for example, a stone pallet "Toilet duckling" can be a lifesaver for those who have very hard water.
- Means for combating scale in teapots. A solution of "Antinakipin" will help get rid of limescale.
- Tools for cleaning mirrors and glasses. It doesn't matter what it will be - “Mr. Muscle” or some other composition. Many of them wash windows and mirrors perfectly.
- Melamine sponge. It is an almost universal remedy that can effectively remove impurities.
Popular detergents that can be used in cleaning the hydrobox:
- "Acrylan" is a special tool designed to clean acrylic surfaces.
- Cilit is a powerful tool that can not be used on surfaces made of natural stone or aluminum. Poisonous enough. Requires extreme caution in handling.
- Tilex is a prophylactic. Used after taking a shower to prevent the formation of plaque, mold.
- Cif is a well-established remedy. Can clean acrylic surfaces.
- "Sanelit" - has a pungent odor, but it copes with its tasks perfectly. Suitable for cleaning acrylic.
- Aron - effectively cleans the windows of the hydrobox. Available at affordable prices.
- Sarma, Domestos, O. C. Plus and many other great tools.
Effective folk recipes
The household chemicals market is littered with all kinds of products. But, after all, it’s still “chemistry.” I don’t really want to use it often in my house.
There are ways to clean the cab without these purchased products. One of them is use of a steam generator. Another is the use of "grandmother" folk recipes for maintaining cleanliness in the house.
Long before the appearance of shower cabins, there were time-tested recipes for compounds with which it was possible to effectively combat lime and soap deposits, mold and fungus, and rust spots. And these compounds are quite hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
To clean the shower, you can prepare the following compounds:
- Dilute soda in water, and also use it (if the material allows) as a powder. But do not use soda on plastic. Soda is an abrasive.
- Effective soda in combination with citric acid. 20 g of soda and 30 g of citric acid diluted in a glass of water will add shine to the surface to be cleaned.
- You can get rid of mold by the following explosive and “aromatic” composition: mix in equal proportions (usually take a quarter cup) soda, vinegar, ammonia. Leave the composition for half an hour, and then rinse thoroughly with water.
- The following mixture can be used to prevent the formation of fungus and mold: 1 glass of water, 1 teaspoon of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of ammonia and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- An ordinary 3% vinegar works well with stains. It must be diluted with water, for example, in a ratio of 1:10. Such a composition perfectly removes soap stains, rust and plaque.
- Alcoholic or vodka composition - 1 part alcohol or vodka (usually 1 tablespoon is enough) to 2 parts of water. The perfect glass cleaner is ready!
- 5 drops of ammonia per glass (200 ml) of water is also an excellent glass cleaner. Strengthen it and add a water-repellent effect using glycerol. An additional 100 ml of the product must be added to the solution.
- The most ordinary laundry soap also copes well with stains. Especially on acrylic pallets.
- White toothpaste or powder with whitening properties helps to clean the capricious surfaces of acrylic, chrome products. Treat the surface and leave it alone for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse off.
- In the fight against mold, White has established itself well. Apply it for half an hour, and then remove the stains. Remember to wear gloves when handling this compound.
- The popular Coca-Cola carbonated drink perfectly launders chrome surfaces.
- You can use the most ordinary furniture polish or lemon oil as a means of preventing plaque.
- Oxalic acid has good cleansing properties. It must be diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 5. 20 minutes (or even less) and there is no trace of spots. After treating the surfaces with acid, the plumbing is wiped with ammonia, left for 10 minutes, then everything is washed off with water and wiped dry.
- From yellow spots due to hard water, in which there is a lot of iron, the following ingredients can help: 2 tablespoons of soda ash, 50 ml of vinegar and 50 ml of bleach. First, the surfaces are treated with a soda-bleaching mixture. Just apply for 15 minutes. Then a mixture of vinegar and bleach is applied. Leave the treated surface for half an hour, and after a while everything is washed off with running water.
The recipe for a universal cleaner for contaminants you will learn from the following video.